Sylva Mojo

Hi, my name is Trevor, and here you can follow my build of a "Sylva Mojo" kit car. Please remember the oldest news is at the bottom of this page, so if you have not visited for a while, please read from the bottom up.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wheel bearing replaced
























Before re taxing the Mojo this year I though it a good idea to really check the whole car over as its been sat stored for 4 months.

The right rear wheel bearing was excessively worn, to the point the wheel had some play in it, so the time was right to replace it.

The hub came off easily enough, complete with the very worn bearings. Getting the bearing shells out proved to be a right sod, so I took it to a local garage with a hydraulic press and let them do it - much easier!

The threads on the end of the driveshaft were slightly worn, so I grinded them flat to get the new hub nut on. (The driveshaft is designed that the first section has no threads on it - as per the photos)

I also replaced the oil and oil filter, overdue after 2 years and 6000 miles!
I'm all set now for another summer of fun - and should be able to put the Mojo back on the road this week.
Let the good times roll!