Sylva Mojo

Hi, my name is Trevor, and here you can follow my build of a "Sylva Mojo" kit car. Please remember the oldest news is at the bottom of this page, so if you have not visited for a while, please read from the bottom up.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Mojo Kit collected!




Today I collected the Mojo kit from Sylva Autokits, who are based in Ripley, Derbyshire.

Once there, I was met by Matt, who had all my parts ready for me to load up into the van.

I got Matt to explain where each of the components, (especially the suspension and engine mount ones) goes, then photographed them placed up to the chassis one by one - this way there should be no confusion throughout the build, that’s the idea anyway!

The unit where they are based looks great, today they had two mojo’s fully built, (on the left in the third photo,) and the car on the ramp to the upper right is a Riot, a track based car that can go on the road too. They also had three other chassis onsite, in varying degrees of build.

The morning spent there was a joy, nothing was too much trouble for Matt. It made for a very relaxing kit collection, and I'm pleased to report that everything made it back to mine with no damage or breakages.

I can’t wait to start building now, but ironically I am busy for next few weekends upto Christmas, then I fully expect the weather to get cold and nasty for January and February. Keep checking back here for updates anyway, because when any work gets done, it will be reported here.

The day that “Project Mojo” really got started…………

Bring on the warmer weather and lighter evenings!