Sylva Mojo

Hi, my name is Trevor, and here you can follow my build of a "Sylva Mojo" kit car. Please remember the oldest news is at the bottom of this page, so if you have not visited for a while, please read from the bottom up.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

SVA Test



Today was the mojo's SVA test.

The car behaved excellently and never missed a beat the whole day. The weather was cold but dry on the way over and cold and wet on the way home! It rained and rained!

Unfortunately the car failed its SVA on 2 items, ironically both had nothing to do with me!

The first was the beam pattern was not upto spec in ONE of the headlights. These were bought brand new and must have had something wrong with the beam shaping’s inside the glass of the lens. NOT MY FAULT!

The second was the nearside rear brake caliper had a very slight leak from the handbrake lever mechanism that pivots into it. These were also bought brand new and had a slight manufacturer fault in them. (Undetectable until the car had been used in anger, and the car had never been driven till today.) NOT MY FAULT AGAIN! (I foolishly assumed NEW calipers might actually work!)
That’s it. Nothing else.
Good hey?

Retest booked for 13 days time, Wed 2nd April at 1pm.

New headlight being sent to me for free from company who supplied it and I’m sourcing rear calipers at the mo.

Wish me luck! (Again!)


Trevor.


PS - I will post more info after the bank holiday weekend.