Sylva Mojo

Hi, my name is Trevor, and here you can follow my build of a "Sylva Mojo" kit car. Please remember the oldest news is at the bottom of this page, so if you have not visited for a while, please read from the bottom up.

Friday, April 04, 2008

SVA test passed


Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days but the Mojo has now passed its SVA test. All kitcars once through the safety related SVA test must then be inspected by the DVLA before being issued with a registration number and taxdisk, making them fully road legal.

The current waiting time in the Reading area is around 3 weeks for the inspection. As soon as I have a date I will post it up here.

On the way to the retest I popped into London’s Ace Café, where 5th Gear is filmed It’s on the North circular too, the same road as the SVA testing station in Edmonton. I was running very early and it was nice to see all the memorabilia they have on display there too.
There were 3 traffic police cars parked up there, they were all very interested in the Mojo, asking questions and chatting, they knew of the SVA rules about driving to and from the test, so didn’t ask why it didn’t have any reg plates or a tax disk!


By some margin, the largest hurdle has now been cleared, I'm on the home straight now!