Sylva Mojo

Hi, my name is Trevor, and here you can follow my build of a "Sylva Mojo" kit car. Please remember the oldest news is at the bottom of this page, so if you have not visited for a while, please read from the bottom up.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

DVLA inspection completed


The DVLA inspected the Mojo this morning, and are quite happy as to the identity of the Vehicle, and where all the donor parts have been sourced from. (This was backed up by me having already sent them what seemed like hundreds of receipts for absolutely everything on the car.) The DVLA informed me that the paperwork should be processed within the next few days, and the tax disk will be posted out to me. (I am going to try and pick the tax disk up directly from the DVLA, so it can’t get delayed in the post).

As it’s the National Kitcar show this weekend coming, I really need the DVLA to get this processed ASAP.

The car will then be "fully registered and on the road."

Unlike the SVA test, the road traffic act does not allow you to drive an unregistered car to or from a DVLA inspection. So I had to hire the lorry pictured to take me there and back. The inspection took place at VOSA’s depot in Newbury.

I am pleased to report that we only got caught in one short shower on the way home, but the interior of the car remained completely dry.


It’s within touching distance now!