Sylva Mojo

Hi, my name is Trevor, and here you can follow my build of a "Sylva Mojo" kit car. Please remember the oldest news is at the bottom of this page, so if you have not visited for a while, please read from the bottom up.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

XR2 Hubs Modified


The XR2 hubs and driveshafts are used at the rear of the Mojo, and as such need slightly modifying. The steering arm is not used as the hubs are "locked off" into facing forwards only, and the steering arms get in the way of the suspension. To eliminate this problem they are removed, in my case, with a cutting disk in an angle grinder. I had not used an angle grinder until today - what a frightening experience! Sparks flew just about everywhere in the shed, nothing caught fire - but I did have a bucket of water ready just in case!

I had managed to inadvertently damage the longer driveshaft cv joint whilst removing the engine and gearbox from the XR2, I now have a complete replacement ready, that’s the reason in the second photo why it has been removed.